In SimCity 4, you don’t just build your city, you breathe life into it. With god-like powers, you sculpt mountains, gouge riverbeds, and seed forests to lay the groundwork for your creation. Then construct the most realistic metropolis you can imagine. Your city comes alive with the hustle and bustle of construction crews, the snarl of traffic and the activity of your Sims. Build mansions on mountainsides, cross canyons with bridges and raise skyscrapers downtown. The impact of your touch will be immediate but not entirely predictable. Cap an erupting volcano to save your city, but don’t be surprised if lava explodes from another source. If your citizens burst into a panic, throw down barricades and dispatch the police or send the Mayor’s limo to quell the mob. Will your actions calm the crowd or contribute to chaos? With every decision you make, your city and your Sims will respond for better or worse. In SimCity 4 your city pulses with the life that you give it.
- Bring your city to life – Create and control the most life-like metropolis you can imagine.
- Sculpt your world – Breathe life into your city right from the start. Form mountains, carve valleys, plant forests and raise oceans. New landscape creation features give you unprecedented control to lay the groundwork for your ultimate city.
- Experience life in the big city – From mellow traffic flow to commuter hell, noontime crowds to nighttime calm, partygoers to troublemakers, the movement in your city is ever changing and unpredictable.
- Touch your creation – Feel the pulse of your city in the most responsive, personal, and satisfying SimCity yet. Whether booming with expansion, decaying through neglect, or left abandoned, the new SimCity simulation engine gives you immediate feedback so you can react to its every need.
- Protect your Sims – Dispatch police cruisers to fight crime, wrestle control of a tornado before it strikes, or cap an erupting volcano threatening your citizens. You have ultimate power at your fingertips but don’t be surprised if your efforts have unforeseen results.