Parappa The Rapper stays true to its iconic art style and flattened animation (PaRappa means “paper-thin” in Japanese), combining fun and vibrant characters with hip music and a humorous storyline. Masaya Matsuura’s infectious music and lyrics accompany the iconic PaRappa as he attempts to rap his way into the heart of his dreamy love interest Sunny Funny, a daisy, through various musical missions and adventures. Using a rhythm, timing and coordination-based gameplay mechanic, players will bob their heads along with PaRappa and a cast of colorful characters in this timeless classic. Like the original, players must hit controller buttons to help PaRappa harmoniously mimic the Master’s actions and lyrics. As the player’s skill level progresses, they are able to break free into a one-of-a-kind freestyle session, giving each player the freedom to create a new experience with each play.
- Experience the Music Game that Started it All – Widely credited with introducing the music and rhythm genre craze on videogame consoles, this classic title offers a nostalgic game for true PlayStation fans and a fun and humorous adventure for a new PaRappa audience on PSP.
- Rap Head to Head Wirelessly – Play PaRappa The Rapper wirelessly for the first time! Discover who the real PaRappa master is with wireless head to head rap battles against up to 3 other PSP systems (4 total).
- Game Share and Rap with 4 PSP Systems – PaRappa The Rapper allows players to wirelessly share a demo level with 4 PSP systems simultaneously. Share the fun with friends and play together.
- Download News Playable Songs – Expanding PaRappa’s hip-hop repertoire, players can download 8 remixes to play. Using PSP’s Infrastructure Mode, the remixes can be downloaded wirelessly onto PSP.
- Enjoy the Original Soundtrack – Rap to the timeless rhythmic tunes and catchy lyrics created by the gifted musician Masaya Matsuura, including Chop Chop Master Onion and Cheap Cheap The Cooking Chicken.
- PaRappa and the Colorful Cast of Characters – Enjoy 6 levels with Parappa and the rest of the colorful and flattened characters from the mind of famed New York artist Rodney Greenblat, including Chop Chop Master Onion, Instructor Mooselini, MC King Kong Mushi and more!
- Graphical Presentation on PSP – Like the original, PaRappa The Rapper’s unique graphic presentation features two-dimensional flat “paper-like” characters that roam around an animated three-dimensional gaming world. Updated from the original, it has been reformatted to the PSP’s native 16:9 format.
- Timing Based Gameplay Mechanic – A “Simon Says-type” gameplay mechanic allows players to rap to the addictive music by timing button presses to the beat.