Set during the most trying years of the war, 1942-1945, Medal of Honor Allied Assault gives players a sense of the courage it took to survive the landings at Normandy, the assault at Arzew, a rendezvous with the Resistance outside the village of St. Lo, and the push through the heavily defended border of Germany itself to take the bridge at Remagen.
Staying true to all the gameplay features that made Medal of Honor™ one of the most acclaimed and best-selling games launched in 1999, Medal of Honor Allied Assault will build on the success of that game and add new player weapons, new interactive Allied vehicles such as Sherman tanks and M3 Half Tracks, smarter enemy AI, and the ability to call for artillery strikes.
Medal of Honor Allied Assault is headquartered in Cabinet War Rooms at Whitehall, dispatching players on numerous campaigns, each with specific objectives to meet in terms of infiltration, execution and exfiltration. Missions will be based in the deserts of North Africa, on the bloody shores of France, across the tundra of Norway, and, ultimately, over the Rhine into Nazi Germany. These missions range from silencing the gun batteries at Port Arzew, to sabotaging U-boats at the sub pens of Trondheim, surviving the landing at Omaha Beach, and finally, holding the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen- the only battle where the Germans used their dreaded V2 rockets in a tactical capacity
EALA continues to work closely with the Congressional Medal of Honor Society (CMOHS) to ensure Medal of Honor Allied Assault reflects the ideals and integrity of the prestigious Medal of Honor. Electronic Arts is privileged to be partnered with CMOHS in the Societys continuing education and awareness efforts. You can learn more about the Society and the recipients at the official Society website, www.cmohs.org
- Over 20 levels that the player must accomplish specific objectives and goals in order to succeed and advance.
- Fully realized 3-D worlds utilizing the powerful Quake® III engine.
- Over 1000 unique character animations for unsurpassed level of realism.
- Multiple online options including team combat and traditional last man standing modes.
- Encounters with 22 different enemies including Wehrmacht Snipers, Kradschützen Motorcycle Troops, and Gestapo Officers.
- Access to over 21 historically accurate World War II era weapons, including Thompson submachine guns, Mark II Frag Grenades, .50 al mounted machine guns, flame-throwers, and "sticky bombs".
- Four different stationary weapons that the player can use against the enemy.
- All new interactive vehicles including the M4 Sherman tank and the M3 Half Track.
- More than 18 enemy vehicles including the Tiger Mark I Heavy Tank, Stuka Dive Bombers, and V2 Rockets.
- Weather and time-of-day effects.
- Assault enemy units alone and as part of a crack military squad.
- Special "disguise" mode that allows players to put on enemy uniforms to evade capture.
- Highly destructible interactive environments.
- Original orchestral score by Medal of Honor composer Michael Giacchino.
- Sound effects by the award winning Medal of Honor sound design team at EALA.