In 2001, Max Payne arrived to set the benchmark for action gaming, earning countless awards and revolutionizing the genre with cinematic combat sequences fuelled by the groundbreaking use of slow motion and compulsive narrative-driven gameplay. Now, working together with Rockstar Games’ New York-based production team, Remedy has combined Max Payne’s hallmark gameplay with all new innovations and unmatched production values.
- Storyline – a violent, Film Noir love story between a cop and a femme fatale murder suspect, between Max Payne and Mona Sax. Dark, tragic and intense, the story is a thrill-ride of shocking twists and revelations.
- Max Payne’s signature slow motion gunplay has been improved on every level. Get ready for Bullet Time 2.0.
- New guns and new moves make action more cinematic and intense than ever before.
- Fully integrated Havok physics engine allows for interactive environments creating incredible combat scenes. Ragdoll characters and physics in slow motion create breath-taking combat scenes.
- All new AI – cooperative NPC’s fight with Max and more believable enemies create tension and more interesting and varied challenge.
- A stunning level of detail: Extremely detailed environments with photorealistic textures, highly enhanced radiosity lighting and extremely lifelike characters (including facial animations & lip synchronization) provide a visually staggering cinematic experience.
- Massive production values – including a motion picture stunt crew, professional talent for voice acting and graphic novels, motion capture and authentic digital source material from New York City.